Photo taken: Sanssouci Palace, Potsdam, Berlin, 2017.
Department of Statistics, Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-3143
Street Address: 155 Ireland Street
Office: 437 Blocker
Voice: (979) 845-3141
Fax: (979) 845-3144
Since January 2019, I have been working as an Instructional Assistant Professor in the Department of Statistics at Texas A&M University. Previously, I was as a Postdoctoral Fellow with Valen E. Johnson in the Department of Statistics at Texas A&M University. Before this, I worked as a Postdoc Research Assistant (2015 - 2016) under Martin Schumacher in the Institute of Medical Biometry at the University of Freiburg, Germany. I received my Ph.D. in statistics from Texas A&M University in 2015 under Raymond J. Carroll and Yanyuan Ma.
I wrote my PhD Thesis on "Nonparametric and Semiparametric Regression Modeling in Case-Control Retrospective Study Design".
My research interest is in unsupervised machine learning algorithms like clustering for various high dimensional data, where number of features is much larger than the number of samples (e.g, n << p). I am also interested in scalable algorithms which can be conveniently used for large n as well.
Awards and Honor
Refereed for Journals
1. Statistics and Probability Letters.
2. BMC Bioinformatics.
3. Statistics in Bioscience.
1. !st place in Distinguished Flash Talk, Annual Postdoc Symposium, Texas A&M University, 2018.
2. 3rd place in Poster Presentation, South Eastern Texas Chapter of American Statistical Association, 2018.
3. Boyd Harshbarger Travel Award for Southern Regional Council of Statistics, North Carolina, 2015.